It is common to encounter the error “Outlook is not working” while you are accessing or working on any document related to MS Office. In this condition, Outlook starts to behave abruptly; there might be a condition where you will not be able to send emails anymore, or you are unable to access certain folders in Outlook.
There can be numerous reasons behind the “MS Outlook is Not Working” error and not accessing your mails due to the error can create annoyance.
In this article, you will get to know the steps to follow for troubleshooting the “MS Outlook is Not Working” error. You can try these steps to alleviate the error.
What are the steps to troubleshoot outlook?
There are certain steps to troubleshoot outlook, these steps are as follows:-
- In the first step, you have to close all the programs and then restart your computer.
- Now, you have to check that your antivirus programs are not scanning your computer currently.
- In this step, you have to restore your computer to an earlier date when you were able to access the Outlook files.
- Click on the “Start” menu on your desktop and then click on the “Search” option. Now, in the search bar, you have to type in the “System Restore” option and the visit the program.
- You have to select a date when you can get into the MS Outlook and follow the wizard to restore your computer to an earlier date.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the internet if you are unable to send and receive emails. For this, you have to click on the “Start” menu on your desktop and then click on the “Control Panel”. After this, you have to select the “Network and Internet” option and then click on the “Network Sharing Center” to monitor whether you are connected or not.
- You have to visit the MS support if you are receiving any of these errors. You might see one of these errors appearing on the screen: “The Action Cannot Be Completed”, “Your Microsoft Exchange Server is Unavailable” or “Cannot Start Microsoft Office Outlook.” which means your Outlook client computer does not have a default gateway.
- In this step, you just have to click on the “Fix this for me” page to download a wizard.
- You have to delete all the unnecessary emails that are present in your Inbox, Sent folder, and trash folder. Once you have deleted the messages, you have to click on the Trash folder and then tap on the “Empty folder” to remove the files permanently.
MS Outlook has transformed the way we used to work and maintains efforts to build a connection with our loved ones. The Outlook application is uniquely designed and it is the way to very useful, however, in some cases, there can be error “Outlook is not working” appearing on screen, which is very common. The steps to rectify this error have been already discussed in the passage above. If you still face issues in same then you can get in touch with the Office Customer Support Executive for assistance.