office.com/setup – MS Office can be simply defined as a pack of office-affiliated applications, uniquely created and designed to serve multiple purposes. The ability to use MS Office software is one of the primary skills required of a person working in an office, as it includes features that enable the exact collaboration set-ups. These features are designed to serve you by making your files and documents safe and secure.
- With MS Word you can create unlimited documents with features to change the font, style, and size of the text.
- PowerPoint helps in creating excellent presentations.
- With Excel, you can create records, memos, reports, and paper presentations.
- Outlook manages your email accounts and calendar.
- Access lets you store a large amount of data including reports, analysis, and more.
- Project manages the organizations’ business campaigns and projects.
You can take the benefit of these programs by setting up MS Office on computers as well as mobile devices. You can have Microsoft office setup on your pc by simply clicking on office.com/setup from a secure network.
How to set up Office on your mobile devices-
Unlock the advanced editing, co-authoring, viewing, and formatting with MS Office applications on your mobile devices. If you’re using an iPad, iPhone, Windows or an Android device with screen size 10.1 inches or smaller, you can download and use the free Office mobile applications. But, if the screen size of your device is larger than 10.1 inches, you’ll need an Office 365 subscription.
To install Office on your Android device:
- Go to Play Store.
- Search MS Office Word or any Office setup app that you want to install.
- Press the option as it appears.
- Tap Install.
- Tap Accept to “accept the license agreement”.
- The app will be downloaded and installed.
- The icon will appear on your home screen which you can open to access the app.
To install Office on your iPad or iPhone:
- Go to App Store.
- Search for the Office app/s you want to install.
- Tap on the icon and the option will expands, then press ‘Get MS Office Word’ or any other app.
- You can see the progress in the notification bar.
- The Office app is downloaded and installed for you to use.
To install Office on your Windows device:
- Go to the official Microsoft Office webpage.
- Select from – For Home, Business, or Education
- Click ‘Products’
- Type the app name you want to install in the search box.
- If you want MS Office free download, then make sure the package is available for free, else enter MS Office product key to download
- Next, download and install the productivity suite as per its prompts
These apps will help to enhance your Office skills. With new Office tools, you can work smarter and securely on any device at any time.
Set up two-factor authentication for your Microsoft account:
If you want to set up two-step authentication, first you have to find where to set it up. Here’s how to find it:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account(office.com/setup).
- Go to the “security basics” page.
- Select “more security options” which you will find at the bottom of the page.
- You will be redirected to “additional security options” page.
- Now, select “set up two-step verification”.
- Your account is now protected by two-step verification.
Once you’ve set up two-step authentication, you can easily turn it on and off by returning to the “Additional Security Options” page and selecting “Turn off Two-Step Verification.”
Set up “App Passwords” for your older Microsoft apps:
As some older Microsoft hardware and software doesn’t support Microsoft’s two-factor authentication, you will need to set up special “App Passwords” for them. These older hardware and software include Microsoft Outlook Desktop app, older versions of Microsoft Office(office.com/setup), the Xbox 360, and Windows Phone. If you use any of these regularly, it is much needed for you to set up passwords for each one of them.
Once two-factor authentication is turned on for these apps, it will generate errors when you try to use them without typing in your special passwords. You can access these apps only if you type in your correct password. Hence, make sure to set up your passwords right away.
With advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office you can expand your productivity to a greater level.